Top 10 tips for a stress-free move
Moving house is a stressful time, so it makes sense to give a little thought to organisation, to ensure your house move goes as smoothly as possible. Hiring a professional, dependable removal company, like AR Removals, will go a long way towards ensuring everything goes smoothly on the day, but there are a few other things you can do to reduce chances of worry and mishaps.
- Do a careful calculation of the costs involved, to make sure your budget will cover what is ahead.
- Chose a reputable conveyancing solicitor, preferably one that comes with a personal recommendation. Your conveyancers see to all the legal requirements for your move, so reduce the chances of an expensive slip-up by choosing an experienced firm.
- Allow time to complete all the preparations without a last-minute panic. Start to make arrangements early, and sort through your possessions to ensure you are not paying to move things you don’t want.
- Try to be flexible. There are several people involved in a house move, and you may have to compromise.
- Make a ‘Moving Check-list’ – good ones can be found online – and consult it frequently. Forgetting to cancel the milk or read the electricity meter may not be disastrous but these mishaps add to moving day stress.
- Make a documents box, to keep all your important documents to hand. A valuables box may be useful too.
- Familiarise yourself with shops and amenities around your new home, so you can get necessities quickly after you move.
- Make a ‘Moving Day Survival Kit’, and include food, drinks, toiletries, children’s requisites, medications, emergency phone numbers etc.
- Don’t overdo it – include time to rest, and plan some time off from your removal tasks. You will return to the work refreshed and with renewed enthusiasm.
- Hire a professional removal company. You want to be confident your possessions will be treated with the care you would wish for. Compare prices, but make sure you compare what is included. AR Removals provide a bespoke service for home moves in the Wakefield area, so you can be sure you only pay for what you need.