How to pack up your home before a move
Moving home is one of life’s most stressful events. Whether you are moving to another county or just down the road, packing up your house ready for the big day is daunting, especially when looking for a place to start.
Luckily for you, our domestic removal experts in Wakefield are on the case, providing you with some of our top tips to getting your home into shape before moving.
- Make sure you have everything on hand. Before you start packing anything away, make sure you have all the supplies you may need readily available. This means everything from all sized cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, tape, markers and bin bags!
- Stop hoarding. Start to throw out all of your unwanted items. A good rule our Wakefield removals team stick to is: ‘if you haven’t used it in a year, then you don’t need it anymore!’
- Pack essentials. Moving all of your things mean that items and clothing can get lost. Before you start anything make sure you pack a bag of everything you need on a day to day basis, until you can unpack and organise your new home.
- Pack fragile and small items first. You’ll find it much easier to work through everything if you get rid of all the small items in your way. Pack them securely in bubble wrap if they are fragile, pack them up and be on your way to the next job.
- Pack away your clothes. For the clothes you haven’t packed away in your essential suitcase, start to pack them by folding them into boxes. This will save you space and money in the long run. Just remember – don’t fold away those expensive suits and dresses!
- Start on your larger items. Once all the smaller things are out of the way start to work on the larger items in your home i.e. beds, sofas and tables. If items are heavy, make sure you get some help. At AR Removals, our Wakefield removal team are always on hand to help you with the tougher parts of the move – so enlist a team member to help safely take items out of your old home.
Are you about to move home? If you are in the Wakefield, Leeds, Huddersfield or surrounding Yorkshire area and you need the help and advice of a local domestic removal team, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 01924 371 164.