How to prepare for an office relocation
Moving office is a big step for both your business and your employees. Most employees will welcome a change of environment assuming it is done right. If you are well organised and can show you are moving to bigger and better things, you staff base will be motivated to encourage the move.
If you don’t have the right removal advice, what should be a big step in the progression and your business could in fact become a hindrance and potentially a failure.
One of the most important factors to consider during any commercial move is organisation. Like everything, preparation translates into success and that is certainly the case with office relocations too. Prioritising certain things and setting out a clear timeframe is crucial to a successful move and will limit any downtime or distractions to the workers and workplace.
Here are some tips in how to manage your time effectively in the days weeks and months heading up to the moving date:
- Communicate a plan and the moving date with everyone that will be involved in the moving process, including employees, suppliers and customers. This way they will be more accepting of any delays that might occur.
- Notify anyone who will need to be aware of your change of address and contact information in advance.
- Clean out and recycle any unnecessary papers and materials. Also donate any furniture, fixtures and equipment that are no longer needed.
- Begin to box the items like furniture and paperwork that are not needed in a day-to-day capacity.
- Leave things like phones and desks right up until the last day, meaning the workplace will be operating so you can efficiently work for as long as possible.
- Call a professional to help with the moving day. The most important aspect of the office relocation is a smooth move. The only way to guarantee this is by using a reputable professional removal service.
AR Removals is an experienced Wakefield-based company that has over the years provided an efficient removal service for local businesses. We also offer a packing and unpacking service so you don’t have to worry about any heavy lifting.
If you’d like more information about how AR Removals can help with your commercial move, call us now on 01924 371164.