Packing away your kitchen items requires careful planning as there will be a lot of delicate and fragile items. Whilst some rooms in your house doesn’t require much of a strategic approach at all and can simply be bulk-loaded into boxes, the kitchen is different.
Your kitchen may have lots of items made of glass or expensive china and crockery. It is important that you are very careful in how you handle and package these so that they arrive at your new property without any chips or cracks. Here are some guidelines for a safe kitchen removal:
Glass and China
All of your plates, glasses and crockery need to be carefully wrapped before the move. If these are particularly expensive or sentimental then it is a good idea to label the boxes so that anyone handling them know to be extra careful. Just simply writing fragile on the box would give you that extra bit of caution when you are loading or unloading it. Also, you should try to avoid using cardboard boxes, as although these are great for most packaging, they aren’t as sturdy and protective as plastic boxes.
When you are moving house you will find you have cupboards or pantries of unused food and food items. It is a good idea to have a clear out of food that you haven’t used in months. It is not uncommon for movers to have two or three boxes full of tinned food that has been in the cupboards for months. If this is the case, save the time and costs it is going to take to transport them and just replenish your new house with fresh stock once you are settled.
Moving to a new house can be a very stressful time with many arrangements needing to be made, often in a short amount of time. Once a sale is completed things can happen very quickly, so it’s essential that you are organised. Here are some important things to do when moving:
- Pack strategically
While it may be tempting to pack items up as quickly as possible, take a little time to group your similar belongings together as it will save time in the long run. It’s also worth asking if you really need the items or not – moving house is as good a time as any to declutter. Ensure that any things you will need in the first 24 hours (like toiletries or a change of clothes) are packed separately, so they are easily accessible when you need them.
- Label all boxes
This may seem incredibly obvious but when we are in a rush this vital bit of packing is often forgotten. Being as specific as possible about the contents and what room they are for can really help when it comes to removal day itself, as well as unpacking later. Clear room labels will ensure boxes end up in the right area of the house, with more detailed descriptions of contents allowing you to prioritise which boxes get unpacked first.
- Change the locks
While it’s crucial you get your packing right, it’s also advisable that you change all the door locks when you move to a new house. There is no way of knowing who may have been given spare keys by the previous owners and whether they have returned them or not, so it is best to get new locks fitted straight away.
AR Removals provide commercial and domestic removal services across Wakefield and the Yorkshire region. Our fully trained staff help homeowners move their belongings from A to B safely and efficiently. We also offer a packing and unpacking service if required. For more information about the services, we provide, please check out our domestic removal services. Or call us now on 01924 371164.
Summer is the most popular time of year to move house, with 29% of all house moves happening in this time. Although it is the most popular, it may not be the most ideal or the most functional time for you and your family. So here at AR Removals, we have provided you with the benefits of moving for each time of the year.
In Spring, everything starts to get a bit lighter, we see a bit more sun and the temperature starts to increase before the summer months. Spring also has a range of bank holidays; the long weekends give you more time to unpack and sort things out in your new home.
Summer is the favourite season to move house due to many reasons, and it’s clear to see why. Not only is it the brightest and warmest time of the year, but the large summer holidays give the kids a longer time to settle in. Due to it being the most popular time to move, you will want to book a removal service well in advance.
During autumn, you are still getting the back end of the light weather, as well as a cooler temperature, something that entices people to move at this particular time. The weather isn’t the only thing that tempts people to move in autumn, as it is just after the busy summer months, the rates of removal services go down.
The most unpopular time to move for residents in the UK. The cold weather means the conditions won’t always be ideal for a house move due to icy surfaces making it dangerous. December is the most popular winter month to move, as people want to get in and organised before Christmas at the end of the month. Christmas parties, New Years, sales and other festivities make it a very hectic few months, meaning people don’t have time to move in winter.
Moving home can set families back a lot of money, and that isn’t including the price of the new home, hiring a removals team or the conveyancing. There are a lot of small things that you don’t think about when moving, which end up costing a lot of money. So, to save you from losing out on a big lump of cash, we have come up with a list of tips to help.
Clear the clutter
Reducing the number of things to move can save you money in a lot of ways, not only does it cut down the number of boxes you need for packing, but it also reduces the amount of time that the removals need to work. Basically, the less items you have, the less money you will have to pay.
When you are getting ready to move, you will be amazed at how many cans and packets of food you will have stored away at the back of cupboards, drawers, the fridge and freezer. If you don’t eat up your frozen and chilled foods, you will have to throw them away to prevent them from going off and invest in more food.
Also, the less food you have means less things you need to pack, so eating up your food will mean fewer boxes, less waste and a surprising amount of money saved.
While you’re moving, be careful when leaving your current premises and entering your new one. You will be moving large objects, so be aware of your surroundings as you don’t want to break anything, mark any walls or damage any other kind of furnishings. An angry call from a buyer is one of the last things you want when settling in to your new home – the stress and cost of the process is bad enough without any other troubles, so be careful.
If you’re looking for an experienced, Yorkshire based removals team for your house move, be sure to give us a call here at AR Removals on 01924 371164 and we will be happy to help
Moving day is always stressful, but it makes things a lot easier if you have your packing sorted with a bit of time to spare. Regular occurrences such as realising you don’t have enough boxes or not even starting to pack until a day or two before are catalysts to a disaster house move. Here at AR Removals, we have come up with some top tips to help you with your packing when you move house.
Before you start the packing
Don’t leave everything until the day before. If you do, you won’t have time to think about vital things such as what you want to keep, what you want to throw away, and you won’t have time to carefully pack those fragile items. All you will have time for is throwing anything and everything in to a box and sealing it up.
- Get your boxes well in advance. Think about other useful items such as bin bags, bubble wrap etc.
- Take time to have a clear-out, it means you will have less things to take over to your new home
- Make a packing list, stating items which are a priority
Be smart, think about which items you will need at the start of the move, and make those easily accessible.
- Load items you want least on to the van first
- Pack an essentials box, filled with items such as toilet roll, pain-killers, food and drink etc. – The items you will want on the first night in your new home
- Finish any washing to avoid packing damp clothes
Taking time on your packing is a must, valuables need to be carefully wrapped, furniture may need to be dismantled and you need to think about whether you want certain items.
- Start well in advance, packing always takes longer than you think, especially if you’re having a big clear-out along the way and start reminiscing
- Minimise the weight of the boxes as much as you can
- Pack heavier items at the bottom and lighter items at the top
- Put each item in specific groups, then label the boxes with that group. For example, important documents such as passports and birth certificates
If you need an experienced, Yorkshire based removal company to help with your house move, be sure to give us a call here at AR Removals on 01924 371164.
Some buyers spend twenty minutes viewing a property that they will live in for many years, and usually, they live to regret it. Don’t make the same mistake as them, there are a lot of things to look out for when viewing a house, and luckily for you, we’ve made a list of the most important ones.
Are the rooms big enough?
A little trick that sellers sometimes do is place smaller furniture in the room to make the room look bigger. So when you view the house, ask yourself – will my existing furniture fit in this room?
You also need to think about what will be happening in those rooms. You may be the ones to host Christmas every year, is the living room and dining room big enough to host a number of people.
Or are the bedrooms big enough for the kids to play in?
Which direction is the house facing?
In the winter months, it doesn’t really matter which way your house is facing, but if your house faces north and south, during the brighter months, you will get a lot more natural light. As well as the bright lights, your plants in the garden will be a lot healthier, whereas if they were in the dark they would protest by dying.
What’s the area like?
Here are some questions you need to ask yourself when driving around the area of your potential new home:
- Are there schools for your future/current children to attend?
- Are you near any clubs or bars that could get rowdy on an evening?
- Is there a nearby shop to walk to for essentials? Or would you have to drive?
- Is public transport easily accessible?
- Are there noisy roads or train-tracks?
When you get past the house viewing stage and are moving, be sure to give us a call here at AR Removals and we will be happy to help!
The best time to move house will depend on your particular circumstances, and house moving numbers for most months are similar. Small regional differences can be found, but there are benefits for most months.
Summer is the most popular time to move, and is the best time for several reasons. Spring attracts house buyers to view houses, and houses will inevitably look more appealing in the brighter weather with flourishing gardens. The natural result of the upturn in sales figures in spring is that moving dates peak in summer.
Time off work to move house will be more pleasant in the summer months, and many families choose to move in summer. Summer holidays mean that children can spend time getting used to their new location, settling into a new school at the start of the school year. The good weather will certainly be more convenient for moving day, with longer days providing more time for house moving tasks. Summer movers, though, should plan ahead, as this is the busiest time of year for removal companies.
August is the most popular month across the UK, but September has its advantages, as weather is still mild, and post summer removal charges may be more attractive.
Despite the apparent advantages of reliable weather in summer, winter is surprisingly popular, with Yorkshire favouring December as the best month to move. Winter movers generally prefer to be in their new home before Christmas, though a winter move may mean juggling Christmas festivities for a convenient day.
February is the least popular month to move, perhaps reflecting the reduction in house-hunting before Christmas, and few will want to brave the likely snow and wet weather to struggle into a new home.
Regardless of the month you choose to move, most moves take place mid-week. If you are hoping to move at the weekend, organising moving services such as conveyancing may be difficult, and removal companies will almost certainly charge a premium at the weekends.
Whatever time of year you move, early planning will give you better choice. For a quote for your chosen removal date call the removal team at AR Removals on 01924 371164, the professional removal company for Wakefield and surrounding districts.
Moving home is stressful, and expensive, but choosing a good removal company to help with your move will considerably reduce the stress and could prove less expensive in the long run.
You may plan to reduce expenditure by moving yourself, but moving heavy furniture is hard work, and can be dangerous for yourself, and your furniture! At AR Removals, we visit your home before preparing our quote, so that we are well prepared with knowledge about what your specific requirements are. This leads to a smoother process on removal day.
Our removal experts are used to moving furniture, and we know how to manoeuvre your large, heavy furniture through doorways, and up stairs, without damage.
Professional removal companies have the right materials to protect your furniture. Your television and pictures will travel better when professionally wrapped by experienced removal experts. You can even arrange for your removal company to pack all your possessions for you, and a good removal company will arrange insurance, to give you peace of mind during the move.
Saving money on professional removal costs may well be false economy if you have to take time off from your usual work to carry out the move, and possibly to recover from strain or injury.
Moving time is hectic, and you will have a lot to arrange and oversee on moving day. Physically moving your furniture is time consuming and will take your attention away from all the other important matters you will have to attend to.
Arriving at a new home presents its own challenges. You can confidently let our experienced removal men position your furniture and belongings safely, without the stress of worrying about damaging the paintwork, or your belongings. With the help of a professional, efficient removal company, you can be comfortably installed on your sofa by evening, instead of still struggling to step over boxes and furniture that you haven’t managed to put into place yet.
For a bespoke quote for your move in Wakefield or the surrounding areas, call the knowledgeable team at AR Removals on 01924 371164, and let us help reduce the stress of your house move.
Before 2007, buyers would buy and sell five properties on average in their lifetime. It has now dropped down to an average of three properties, with most buyers staying in their home for at least 20 years. Originally starting off in a ‘starter home’ until they move on to somewhere that is more ideal and then down-sizing in their later years.
Due to this, your ‘home for life’ search needs to be absolutely perfect and it is essential that you get it spot on. With a lot of buyers pre-planning by writing a tick list of what they need at their new home, it gives them an advantage because they know exactly what they are looking for. Finding your forever home isn’t straight forward though, compromises are inevitable as you and your partner/housemate may not want the same thing, so it is extremely unlikely you will achieve the full tick list.
The single most important decision when buying your property should also be the first decision, the location. There is no point falling in love with a house if it isn’t functional in any way. When the area is decided, you can then move on to budget and everything else.
When re-locating, it is important to drive round the area you are re-locating to, so you can highlight things that may be a problem and things that may be essential to you such as schools, shops, churches etc. It saves both you and the vendor time and effort by doing your research.
We have a huge interest in what goes on in the property industry and love to keep up with the latest trends, as we are the ones who help you move it all! If you’re moving house anytime soon, be sure to give us a call on 01924 371164 or 07466165089 and we are happy to help!
Moving house is a stressful time, so it makes sense to give a little thought to organisation, to ensure your house move goes as smoothly as possible. Hiring a professional, dependable removal company, like AR Removals, will go a long way towards ensuring everything goes smoothly on the day, but there are a few other things you can do to reduce chances of worry and mishaps.
- Do a careful calculation of the costs involved, to make sure your budget will cover what is ahead.
- Chose a reputable conveyancing solicitor, preferably one that comes with a personal recommendation. Your conveyancers see to all the legal requirements for your move, so reduce the chances of an expensive slip-up by choosing an experienced firm.
- Allow time to complete all the preparations without a last-minute panic. Start to make arrangements early, and sort through your possessions to ensure you are not paying to move things you don’t want.
- Try to be flexible. There are several people involved in a house move, and you may have to compromise.
- Make a ‘Moving Check-list’ – good ones can be found online – and consult it frequently. Forgetting to cancel the milk or read the electricity meter may not be disastrous but these mishaps add to moving day stress.
- Make a documents box, to keep all your important documents to hand. A valuables box may be useful too.
- Familiarise yourself with shops and amenities around your new home, so you can get necessities quickly after you move.
- Make a ‘Moving Day Survival Kit’, and include food, drinks, toiletries, children’s requisites, medications, emergency phone numbers etc.
- Don’t overdo it – include time to rest, and plan some time off from your removal tasks. You will return to the work refreshed and with renewed enthusiasm.
- Hire a professional removal company. You want to be confident your possessions will be treated with the care you would wish for. Compare prices, but make sure you compare what is included. AR Removals provide a bespoke service for home moves in the Wakefield area, so you can be sure you only pay for what you need.
AR Removals are happy to hear about a new housing and property development in the local West Yorkshire area. Wakefield Council has just approved plans for a new £750 million leisure and residential development in Castleford. The ambitious project, which will incorporate a mixture of new houses and care provision as well as retail and professional services space, will be built in an area which includes the Hicksons & Welch chemical site and the old Nestle factory. Health and crèche facilities as well as a new hotel also feature in the plans for the development.
Castleford Riverside Regeneration have been appointed to carry out the project. Speaking on their behalf Rhian Smith said: “The proposed development is important for the future of Castleford, securing the regeneration of a vacant brownfield site, near the town centre. The development will also regenerate a derelict brownfield site, which currently acts as a visual blight, providing significant green infrastructure and improving accessibility in the local area. It represents a high-quality, sustainable form of development which will deliver much needed housing for Wakefield.”
The development will include three and four bedroom houses and aims to attract families to the local area as well as provide local employment opportunities in the leisure and retail facilities which will open on the site. Whilst the scheme has been given approval, it not due to be completed until 2027 though. On the plus side this should give everyone enough time to organise their packing though!
AR Removals are a leading removal company in Wakefield and the West Yorkshire area. As well as offering safe and efficient house removal services, we also provide office removals and single item moves. For more information or to arrange a free, no obligation quote for your move please get in touch with us by calling 01924 371164.
Whilst moving office can be an incredibly exciting time, it can also be a stressful one. As well as the usual hassles which come with moving from one building to another, there is also the extra pressure of keeping disruption to a minimum so that business is not affected. To ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible on the day, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Take measurements well in advance
Unlike moving house, moving office requires items to be unpacked quickly for productivity to be resumed as soon as possible. It’s therefore important to have planned the new office layout ahead of time and to have ordered any necessary new furniture to have arrived on or by the moving day.
- Have a packing plan
Again, organisation is key. Staff need to be fully briefed about when they should pack up their equipment. Suitable packaging also needs to be provided well in advance if employees are responsible for their own equipment being packed. Some companies opt for a professional company to provide a packing service for them instead to ensure that all goods are safely packed away. Make sure all boxes are clearly labelled so they are put in the right place at the new premises.
- Remember to tell customers your new address
It goes without saying that customers need to be informed you’ve moved office. As the moving day will be hectic, informing them beforehand is a good idea. You could also schedule reminders to be posted on social media or in a newsletter on the move day itself.
AR Removals provide commercial removal services to businesses throughout Yorkshire and the surrounding areas. We work with companies to ensure that removals are as stress-free, with the least amount of disruption to office productivity as possible. For more information or to get a free, no obligation quote please contact us on 01924 371164.
As well as being an incredibly exciting time, moving to a new house can also be a very expensive period. According to The Telegraph, the average price of moving now stands at around £10,000. This figure includes costs such as estate agent fees, stamp duty, mortgage valuation, property surveyor fees, conveyancing fees and removal costs.
Whilst the exact price of moving will vary depending on the value of the property you are buying, alongside other factors such as whether you are a first-time buyer or not, this is still a considerable outlay on top of the deposit for the property itself (usually at least 5% of the overall selling price).
These high costs mean that it is very important to shop around when arranging different parts of the moving process. For example, when it comes to agreeing a mortgage rate, it’s important to factor in the fees too. Sometimes a low interest rate is offered, but with a high arrangement fee attached. In this case, it could be better to choose a different provider, even if their interest percentage is slightly higher as overall the cost will be lower.
When it comes to choosing a removal company it is also a good idea to get two or three quotes to compare. When you do this ask for an itemised breakdown of the figure to ensure the different ones are comparable. It’s a good idea to check whether insurance is included in the costs too. Professional companies can also offer packing and unpacking services which make the process simpler as well as remove the hassle of having to find boxes and other packaging materials yourself during an already stressful time.
AR Removals provide domestic and commercial removal services throughout Wakefield and the surrounding area. If you are moving to a new house or office and are looking for a reliable, competitively priced removal company please contact us on 01924 371164 for a free, no obligation quote.
AR Removals, your local Wakefield-based removals company, is pleased to learn that planning permission was granted last year for around 350,000 new homes, the most since records began in 2006. Britain’s housing supply has seen something of a slump over recent years, but new figures on planning permissions granted show an encouraging upturn. AR Removals is dedicated to helping house movers in Wakefield and the surrounding areas with a stress-free removals experience, and welcomes the increased opportunities that are sure to follow from an increased housing supply.
While inflated house prices, caused by limited new house-building, have seen prospective home owners struggle to afford a house move, AR Removals now anticipates the situation easing as increasing numbers of new homes become available. Economists calculate that the minimum number of new houses required to slow ever-rising prices is around 250,000, and it now seems possible that this target may be soon be met, despite it being out of reach since 1979.
AR Removals hopes this increase in planning permissions granted will translate into increased housing stock available for Yorkshire residents. The professional removals experts at AR Removals are dedicated to ensuring that those lucky enough to secure a new home in the coming year, will be able to arrange a reliable, competitively priced removals service with the team at AR Removals.
Current government measures intended to encourage increasing house building include taking back control of targets for house-building from reluctant local councils, who have shown a tendency to limit, rather than encourage, new building. Other measures include addressing restrictions on rent increases, experienced by Housing Associations, to release funds for new building. The government also plans to raise the cap on local authorities’ borrowing, to encourage them to invest more in social housing.
AR Removals welcomes the increased opportunities for securing a new home likely to be opened up to Yorkshire residents, and looks forward to continuing to provide a first class, friendly, and flexible removals service.
AR Removals is dedicated to ensuring a smooth, problem-free removal experience for house movers, and Wakefield-based AR Removals will always arrange a pre-quote visit to agree what is required for each move, to avoid misunderstandings, and problems on moving day. A recent survey in Which? suggests some house-moving problems may be unavoidable, though.
The top 10 problems for house movers, identified by 2,000 Which? members, are as follows:
- Delays in the house sale chain. This was a problem for 19% of respondents, and in many cases, is difficult to avoid.
- Finding a suitable property. A problem besetting 18% of those surveyed, causing headaches for prospective house movers well before moving day.
- Sellers leaving their home in a mess, with rubbish and even furniture left for the new occupant to clear up. This was a problem for 13% of new occupants, and can not entirely be prevented, although a clear and detailed pre-sale agreement may help.
- Timing problems on moving day. This is particularly likely if sale chains are long, with each move adding to delays. Check with your removal company for possible delay plans, and if possible arrange emergency accommodation.
- Removal company problems. 10% of house movers had difficulty with their removal company, but if you engage AR removals, the reliable, experienced removals team will help your move go smoothly.
- Getting a mortgage was a problem for 10% of prospective movers. Shop around exhaustively, and try saving for a bigger deposit.
- Sellers pulling out beset 9% of house moves. This can be unavoidable, but it may be worth asking if any terms, such as price, or date, can be altered to facilitate the move.
- Conveyancing problems. Use a conveyancer you are confident about, preferably one that comes with a personal recommendation.
- Gazumping is a problem for 9% of house buyers. Check with your solicitor if anything can be done to avoid this problem.
- Surveys can cause confusion. Don’t hesitate to ask for an explanation, and make sure you are happy with your survey before proceeding.
AR Removals knows how stressful moving day can be, and they are experienced at making sure everything that can be controlled will run smoothly for you. For advice about a stress-free removal day, contact the friendly team at AR Removals, in Wakefield. Or call us now on 01924 371164.
AR Removals, of Wakefield, is proud to support Buzzmove in their initiative to encourage a reduction in the impact of the carbon footprint of removals by a program of tree planting. Buzzmove is the online comparison site for removal companies, helping over 50,000 customers to arrange a stress-free removal with one of the 250 removal companies registered on the Buzzmove site.
Buzzmove explains their new CO2 pledge, to try and neutralise the carbon emissions released by removal companies, by the planting of trees. AR Removals is very pleased to join Buzzmove in this excellent initiative.
Buzzmove says “Moving home is inevitable. However the negative impact on the environment from the C02 released doesn’t have to be.”
Under their scheme, called ‘Treesforlife’, Buzzmove is carrying out a program of tree planting, sponsored by individual removal companies. Buzzmove explains that their aim is “to become carbon neutral, based on the total moves our companies generate on our site.” Buzzmove hopes to plant 2,160 trees in 2018.
AR Removals encourages responsible use of the world’s resources, and is proud to support this forward-thinking initiative by sponsoring the planting of a tree to offset the carbon emissions caused by removals. Buzzmove explains that one tree can offset 105 kilos of carbon dioxide in 5 years, or one tonne of carbon dioxide by the time it reaches 40 years old. Trees commonly live much longer than 40 years, so will continue to provide carbon neutralising benefits for very many years to come.
AR Removals offers a bespoke, tailored removals service in Wakefield and the surrounding areas, and we always provide a pre-quote visit to agree the exact requirements of the move, which may vary from an entire house or office move, to a single item, or emergency move. With a business founded on transport, we are aware of the need to preserve our natural world by reducing carbon emissions wherever possible, and we are proud to be featured on the Buzzmove leader board as an eco-friendly removal company.
Moving home can be a stressful experience, but the removals team at Wakefield-based AR Removals have all the expertise and equipment at hand to make your move run as smoothly as possible. Hiring AR Removals, a trusted, local firm of experienced professional removers, will be invaluable in reducing worry at this difficult time.
There are many advantages to hiring a first-class, local company for your move, but here are four of the most important:
- Many people will find that moving house turns out to be more expensive than they first hoped, and there may be a temptation to cut costs by enlisting the services of a semi-professional company, or doing much of the work yourself, but when it comes to hiring a removals company, it is unwise to cut corners. Although it may seem to be your cheapest option to carry out the move yourself, it is interesting to examine actual cost of moving yourself, and when you take into account the cost of packing materials, the hire of suitable vehicles, and the cost of possible breakages, you may find that hiring reliable, trusted local Wakefield company AR Removals, is more cost-effective.
- Usually, a house move will be carried out in an agreed time slot, and a trained, professional removals team will accomplish your house move much more quickly than inexperienced helpers, allowing you to complete your move before the agreed deadline.
- You will probably find that you have many more things to attend to on removals day, so putting your move in the hands of a reliable, skilled local company will allow you to give your attention to other matters. Knowing that the removals team are as careful with your possessions as you would be, gives you the peace of mind to leave the work in their competent hands.
- House Removals is heavy work, with the possibility of injury for the inexperienced DIY enthusiast. AR Removals has a fully trained team of removals experts, who will move your possessions efficiently and safely. For more peace of mind, AR Removals offers goods in transit, and public liability insurance for your move, to further reduce inconvenience and worry should a mishap occur.
For a professional, efficient, competitively priced house move, call the friendly team at AR Removals, your local removals experts.
AR Removals is one of the leading removal specialists in the Wakefield area, helping homeowners move properties for years. Over this time we have started to gauge an understanding as to the removal process for homeowners, with the majority of people looking to move home on Friday due to being close to the weekend- but is this the best day to move?
According to research, removal day popularity is as follows:
- Monday: 17.18%
- Tuesday: 13.19%
- Wednesday: 13.16%
- Thursday: 13.62%
- Friday: 41.57%
- Saturday: 0.52%
- Sunday: 0.31%
So why should you avoid moving on a Friday?
- Due to the massive popularity of moving on a Friday, bank money transfer systems can be overloaded, particularly on the last Friday of the month (payday for a lot of people). To move you need these transfers to take place to avoid you being homeless for a couple of days
- If you find that something is wrong when you have moved into your new home, it can be a disadvantage arriving on a Friday as you have to wait longer to speak to your solicitor
- According to the insurance company QBE, hackers have stolen more than £85m from law firms in the past 18 months on a Friday- the most popular day that clients move money from solicitors
- If you need to call a tradesperson out to sort out a problem with your new home, it can be challenging to do on a Friday
- Removal companies such as us at AR Removals are much busier on a Friday, so availability is much more limited. That is why it is always best to get your date pre-booked as soon as possible.
In reality, there is no need to move on a Friday- you may think you will have the full weekend to unpack, but we all know it will take a lot longer than a couple of days- so does it make that much of a difference?
If you are moving home in the Wakefield area and you need a reliable removal company then try us at AR Removals. Give us a call for a free, no-obligation quote on 01924 371164 for further information.
Moving house is one of the most stressful life events you can experience. When it comes to choosing a removal company it is therefore important to pick one you feel comfortable with and who will make the process as simple as possible for you. Before deciding which one to use we recommend asking the following questions to potential removal companies:
- Ask about their packing service
If you are considering using a packing as well as removal service, make sure to ask a member of staff about this when they provide an initial quote. Even if you don’t want someone to pack up your belongings for you, it may be worth asking how much they charge for packagings such as boxes and bubble wrap so you can decide whether you want to buy this from them or not.
- Ask for a written quote
It’s a good idea to get quotes from two or three different removal providers. To compare these effectively make sure these are itemised/broken down so that you can contrast them easily. Often, the cheapest may not include everything that you require so you need to watch out for any additional costs which may surprise you later.
- Ask about their insurance
Finding out that there was not adequate insurance after your item breaks is not ideal. Make sure to ask what the removal company’s policy covers. So, if required, you can take out additional insurance to cover your really precious items while they are in transit.
Here at AR Removals, we provide house, office and single item moves throughout Yorkshire. We are fully insured and work with both domestic and commercial clients. Our aim is to make your moving processes as hassle-free and stress-free as possible. For more information about how we can get your belongings safely from A to B please Call us on 01924 371164.
Moving home is the time when we all find out how much more we have to move than we thought, so AR Removals will always visit you to advise, and assess how much you have to move before quoting for your removal job. It is well known that moving home is a stressful time, partly because unless you are a committed ‘declutterer’ and minimalist, the task of sorting and packing all your possessions may seem monumental.
Reducing the amount you have to move before moving home will help keep costs down, and reduce clutter in your new home, freeing up space for new items to make your home feel fresh and new. Here are a few tips on how to pare down your possessions to make the task of moving home run more smoothly.
- Assess your possessions. Do one room at a time, starting with the least used, and divide your possessions into piles, to keep, throw away, give away, or try to sell before moving home.
- Reduce your paper clutter by shredding or burning your outdated personal paperwork, and recycling old magazines.
- Throw out, give away or sell duplicated items, and throw away things that are in need of repair, unless you can definitely repair them cheaply and soon.
- Throw away old toiletries and cleaning products. Moving home is a good opportunity to renew toiletries, that can go out of date without you noticing.
- Throw away cheap items that will cost more to move than to replace.
- Sort through your clothing and donate or throw away anything that you haven’t worn in over a year, or don’t really like, doesn’t fit, or needs mending.
- Before you pack what is left, consider whether you really like it, or it is useful, or valuable. If it is none of these, consider donating, throwing away, or selling. For the remainder, consider whether it will fit in your new home, and whether you will have a future use for it.
If you follow these suggestions, you should have far less to pack when moving home, so call in the removals experts from AR Removals for a reasonably priced quote and an excellent removals service.